How can the disease be treated?
• Anyone with symptoms of bloody diarrhea, severe
vomiting, bad abdominal cramps or a decrease in urination during a diarrheal illness should see their doctor.
• Antidiarrheal medication should not be taken.
• The benefit of antibiotic treatment is uncertain.
• Drinking small frequent amounts of clear fluids can help prevent dehydration.
How can the disease be prevented?
To minimize the risk of infection:
• Always wash hands BEFORE handling food, AFTER handling raw meat products, AFTER toilet use and AFTER changing a diaper.
• Clean and sanitize utensils and kitchen work surfaces BEFORE and AFTER use.
• NEVER prepare ‘ready to eat’ foods such as sandwiches or salads on any counter used for the preparation of raw meats UNLESS the surface has been cleaned and sanitized.
• Place ground meat on the lowest rack in the refrigerator to avoid meat juices spilling onto other food.
• When barbecuing or cooking ground meats such as hamburger, pork or chicken patties, COOK THE MEAT THOROUGHLY AT THE CENTRE. Meat and juices should be brown, not pink or red – check to make sure.
Online shopping will cost you less – find sale cialis tablets and enjoy the experience.
• NEVER ORDER OR ACCEPT UNDERCOOKED ground meat products in an eating establishment
• Do NOT drink unpasteurized milk, apple juice or apple cider, and do not eat unpasteurized cheese.